Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco De Mayo

 Today, my blogging is all things food.  Last night I cooked a easy mu shu pork from a recipe at that you can find here.  I only altered it slightly.  I beat an egg (yes, I said beat) and the made a thin omelet with sesame oil to include in the mix.  I also placed a strip of rooster sauce on the inside of each shell.  The recipe was bland, and I remedied the problem with some garlic salt and cracked pepper.  This recipe was a keeper!  My pictures were fussy, of course.  These are kind of what mine looked like and then what it was suppose to look like.



Inspired by Laura Merrill's blog.  I am finally discussing the huevos rancheros that my Hubie and I made.  They were great.  Hank actually made the sauce following a bad experience with a local restaurant.  My Hubie said screw eating there! We will make it at home and it was great.  Our recipe was a mixture of several others and some brain work of our on.  Hank cooked down onions and peppers with chipotle peppers in adobe sauce (about 2) then through in a can of rotel.  It was hot as hell!!  We added some fresh tomatoes and a touch of sugar.  The sauce was perfect.  Spicy but the flavor delivered a rich distinct taste.  Hank topped the light sauteed corn tortilla with a over easy fried egg then the sauce.  We sprinkled with shredded cheddar because our store did not carry queso fresco.  sprinkled some cilantro on top and sided with beans.  Hubie and I ate like pigs on this feast for several days and will remember it fondly on this day of Mexican Independence!



No comments:

Post a Comment