Friday, March 25, 2011

Waiting for the NASW conference, I delay reading my book by mindlessly playing on the Internet. Flashes of Elizabeth Taylor continue to grace the active trending list. My hubby and I have often discussed the quintessential beauty and influence of the ole Liz on her time and our country. I await and enjoy most of her movies on TCM and remain often amazed by the change in the idea of American beauty in our culture. She was the look and would not be as much today due to lack of curves, an obsession with Blondie, and focus on tits not eyes. Here are some of my favorite shots of her from some of my favorite films. April 10 is a 24 hr. tribute on TCM... be sure to check it out.


simple outfit that transitions time




She can make lying around in a nightie seem like fashion.





Wonder if the was what dinner at the Burton Taylor home was like....











No comments:

Post a Comment