Wednesday, August 11, 2010

School Days


I loved school as a child and an adult. I loved college, I hated being sick in high school, and was social as could be in elementary. I now hate the induction of school. I say often and I am sure you have heard that I did not feel that parenting infants is a problem, I could be pregnant for a lifetime, but I would have kept my legs closed if someone told me about the burden of elementary school.

I have no memories of doing daily homework with my mother, but many of my memories of my three children involve me yelling or strongly disliking them while listening to them or their sibling learn to read, spell, or add.

LIST OF MY DISLIKES!
10. I have less time in the morning.
9. I have less playtime with each child.
8. I forgot half this shit I am trying to teach them.
7. I have to have behavior charts and punsh them for shit they did not do to me and whoever they did it to probably deserved it.
6. Reading one book, then another, then another, and then story time before bed every night. I can't start a book I bought a month ago but i no entirely too much about the internal thoughts of a whimpy kid.
5. Spelling words (My second grader spells better than I)
4. Increased occurances of migrines in my very stressed out second grader
3. Feel increasingly anxious in reaction to my over stimulated children releasing energy while I am trying to focus energy.
2. Not sitting down on the couch until 9:30 when I could get on the couch by 8 in the summer.
1. HOMEWORK, OH SWEET HOURS OF HOMEWORK!!!!

I however put on a happy face try to act inthused by the new year. "oh, your teacher seems so nice", "I love that picture you drew", and my favorite "that "y" looks great (which is upside down and backwards)"

Yea!!! another year

No comments:

Post a Comment