Friday, February 18, 2011

Shrimp, Shrimp, and MORE SHRIIMP



Before we get started, the screaming discussed previously was due to a severe ear infection that Elliott has probably been battling for some weeks off and on despite three antibiotics. No wonder she hated her bonnet and was hateful. Two lost points for a lack of receptiveness by MOM!

After the baptism party my fridge was busting loose with shrimp and I hate waste and wasted money. So what to do? I choose to make two shrimp dishes after pawning off some of the boiled shrimp to the homies at work (but not clemie 'cause she swells up like a blow fish).

First I made shrimp tacos with a pineapple salsa. Let me just say that the salsa was less than thrilling although it looked pretty. The problem was the pineapples I used. If they had more flavor it would have been a success.

I don't follow recipes well so this is how cook! Follow if you Dare!!


PINEAPPLE SALSA

pineapple chunks

red onion

cilantro

minced garlic

red pepper flakes

split cherry tomatoes

I mixed all ingredients together and splashed with heavy squeeze of lemon (lime would have been better but the store was out) and set aside to marinate.


SHRIMP TACOS

some cooked scrrimpses cut in chunks

cumin

minced garlic

chili powder

pinch of red pepper

Tablespoon of Butter (I was not eating it)

some green bell pepper

some diced onion

corn tortillas

oil of your choice (hank used olive)



I melted the butter in the pan. Then the onion and bell pepper met their doom in the land of saute. While this dance was taking place, I doused the scrrimpses with cumin, garlic and chili powder. I through the scrrimpses in to the skillet and added a pinch of red pepper. I cooked until all was warm and looked right.

Hank then fried the corn torts in a small skillet in the olive oil.

Next we dressed the shells which is not rocket science. And wallah shrimp tacos!


SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS PASTA

cooked shrimp peeled and devined

linguine

asparagus

butter

cherry tomatoes

minced garlic

salt

Pepper

onions

bell pepper

lemon

flour

I sauteed the onions and peppers in the butter. I then added a pinch of flour to form a roux. With out delay, I chunked in some garlic (eye balled it), salt, pepper (I always go heavy), and a heavy squeeze of lemon. Next the shrimp met their match. The asparagus trailed behind. I then covered the pot to allow the asparagus to cook but retain some bite. Last I added the cherry tomatoes and let sit.
I had already boiled the pasta and strained and sprinkled with parm cheese, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
Then dressed.

These are recipes by Ginny (not much structure but normally taste OK)! Both of these were hits and I would do again but not with out fresh pineapple!

mother score card : -2






Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment